Dr Colin Harper is an internationally-regarded non-fiction author with extensive experience of academic proofreading across all subject disciplines, and catering for both native and second-language English speakers.
- PhD in Cultural Studies, University of Sunderland, 2014
- HNC Level 7 in Admin & IT, Belfast Metropolitan College, 2012
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information Management, Queen’s University Belfast, 1997
- BA Hons in Modern History, Queen’s University Belfast, 1989
- The Wheels of the World: 300 Years of Irish Uilleann Pipers (Jawbone Press, 2015)
- Bathed In Lightning: John McLaughlin, the 60s and the Emerald Beyond (Jawbone Press, 2014)
- Irish Folk, Trad & Blues: A Secret History (Collins Press, 2004)
- Dazzling Stranger: Bert Jansch and the British folk and blues revival (Bloomsbury, 2000; revised 2006; second revision 2012)
Colin wrote professionally on music and theatre for British and Irish broadsheet newspapers and magazines between 1994-2001, including The Irish Times, The Independent, Q, Mojo and others. His first book was published in 2000 and has remained in print ever since. He had a sojourn from 2001-2011, working for an education board, including five years as a college librarian and district exams coordinator, and returned to full-time writing and related activities in 2012. Between 2012 and 2015 he researched and wrote three books and completed a doctorate. In recent months he has proofread numerous theses, dissertations and business presentations anonymously for an international agency, and found that he rather enjoys it – and enjoys helping people present their content and ideas in the best possible light. He is now offering a proofreading service personally, via this website.